Thursday, September 25, 2008

I can't believe today is Friday

Oh my gosh, this week has flown by fast. Today was blue-jean Friday at work, it's amazing how everyone gets excited about wearing jeans. When were off on the weekend and can wear jeans, you don't see people getting excited about putting their jeans on; huh? I suppose it's a good motivator. Kawana broke the rules and wore a blue-jean skirt, which she can wear any day of the week :()  (just want to see if you're reading my blog or not Kawana)

It's neat to see how people who work in the same office bond together. I've really grown close to the people I work with, they are genuinely good people. 

I work on a plantation in a department that's called Owner Services. We take care of the owner's needs, such as, hunt, boat, equestrian and kennel reservations. We do everything from typing letters for people to updating the website to cottage rentals and overseeing the U.S. Mail. And believe me, it doesn't stop there. It's enjoyable for the most part. Summers are boring, because most of the owner's are up North and in the winter it's crazy busy. Feast or famine like. I can't believe that I've been working there almost a year.

It does feel weird working full-time after 16  years of homeschooling and being an active wife and mother. I was privileged to work with my husband in his construction business also. My heart is still at home, I love serving my family. It is a high calling and one that I took to heart. When people ask me about working, I say it's a blessing, not a passion. My passion is to be home and/or on the mission field one day. So, in the meantime, I wait on God and ask him to give me my hearts desire.

My husband and youngest daughter are leaving in October to go to Romania on a missions trip for 9 days. David will be constructing an addition and Cally will be working with the children and using her new found skills of hairstyling to minister to these people. They will also be visiting some orphanages and loving on the children. I'm sure they'll come home changed, for the good. 

Well, it's probably going to be a long weekend with 4 sets of taxes to prepare tomorrow, moving a church on Sunday and celebrating my mother-in-laws birthday. That's a lot to accomplish. My oldest daughter asked me to babysit my grandchildren this weekend and I had to sadly say ,"no". I miss seeing my kids and grandchildren more than life itself. 

I'm going to sign  off now, I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Wow. You have a lot to do this weekend. I noticed that your church is preparing for a trip to Romania. Never been there. But I spent a month in Russia with missionary friends. Unforgettable experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I just noticed your comment. Yes, there are 17 members going to Romania, including my husband and my daughter at the end of this month for 9 days. They are very excited. Our pastor has gone several times and has established a relationship with the people over there. It's all good. God is at work everywhere.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you