Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Freedom in Christ

What is freedom in Christ? Lord only knows that I am NOT an expert in this area, only one to comment after the 1st and 2nd layers have been removed from my eyes .



  I wonder how many more layers need to go because life is such a long process of stripping, waxing and sealing the inner person.

As David and I were driving to church this past Sunday morning, I had the overwhelming feeling of grief come over me, mixed with gratitude. I thought how I use to believe that very few churches, if any at all,  in our surrounding area were leading people to Christ and the people who attended those churches didn't have a close walk with God. Negative comments were always made about other religions and I never questioned what was coming out of the pulpit. One of the denominations that was always under attack is one that I'm attending now. And that is where the overwhelming grief floods my heart. I started to think of how solid this church is and how loving the people are that go there. How grace- filled they are and how David and I have had the opportunity to witness first hand at how they handle "sin in the church". We are  so, so thankful that our eyeshave been opened to that truth and so, so glad not to be "judging the brethren", in that way anymore. (disclaimer: we are all sinners, I unfortunately find myself still judging others, because of this fleshly body that encompasses me) 

Freedom in Christ?  I really have no clue, but am so excited that I am a work in progress..


Galatians 5:1

1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.
                                                        

2 comments:

  1. it's so easy yet so hard to understand.

    why is that?

    why do we fight the freedom given to us?

    i know i do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we've been brain washed with legalism. It somehow crawls deep within us and distorts our vision so we can't see clear. I think we fight it because we still feel like we're naughty or in rebellion. Every single day, my life echoes freedom and I am just starting to embrace it after all these years. I love it and i'm so thankful. Can't wait to see what tomorrow unveils..I LOVE AMY!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you