Monday, January 2, 2012

My Thought's on 2011

I made myself sit down and look back at the year in passing, so I could take the time and see the blessings that were given and see the pot holes of neglect that I created.




For some reason, this image came to my mind....

Imbalanced scales

Wow, it was most humbling to be confronted at the pot holes that were left undone and not filled in due to procrastination or exhaustion, or down right laziness. I could probably throw in hormone imbalances too. (that excuse is still working for me)

But, in all honesty, it did make me see where I need to regroup and RE organize for the umpteenth time. One difference between me now and me yesteryear is I have a realistic outlook on how to go about regrouping. When I was younger I felt I had to conquer it all today or this week which never happened and then defeat would follow.....Thank God for journals or in my case calendar's to point out areas  in our life where we need help..

So, my goal in 2012 for all that negative is to move forward daily in some way or another and not focus on the did nots....

But, the blessings out weighed the negatives in my life..probably, because I choose to see it that way...I'm sure that I could sit and sulk and dwell on all the negatives, but it will only dig a deeper pit in life...So I reach upward ...and 

4 To the LORD I cry aloud, 
   and he answers me from his holy hill


BLESSINGS

God's faithfulness even when we are unfaithful

His faithfulness to my friends in crisis..How they still walk close to Him and give Him the glory even out of some very difficult times. ( you know who you are...)

Kooky's...The Lord has opened the door for us, once again, he provides
Kooky's employees....a perfect match
God's heart in all of my children and spouses ( I could write several pages)
Grandchildren...their the best
God keeping Hunter and Amy safe and working in their hearts on the PCT

Dustin-You're a great father and husband
The new life in Mikal's belly
The passion he's given Mikal in the Post abortion ministry

My daughter's are GREAT mothers

Mikal-huge heart for God

My Family-how we love each other and understand how to extend Grace to one another

Baby Elijah-The Lord is my God (a prayer over him) born 2011
Cally-God's unbelievable rock you are, full of strength and love for others
Javier-A man of God
Honduras-God works in mysterious ways, I love the people
God's faithfulness to Cally, Javier & Elijah-bringing them to Honduras

Amy-the encourager, full of wisdom
Hunter-light hearted in this depressing world (balanced scales)

Mammaw-You teach me so much about the Lord
Mom-She loves her children

Robert-love getting to know you better

My husband-the blessing of struggles brings me to know that God is ever near..A fresh year to love you and grow with you. I'm your girl forever...

To my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ-the most forgiving and gentle God who displays unconditional love to all who don't deserve it. Full of Grace, giving us what we don't deserve and full of Mercy-not giving us what we do deserve. There is none like you...


                                      ~Kelly


5 comments:

  1. Kelly, That could almost be written for most of us that REALLY love GOD and stumble around trying to find HIM...The day comes when you find HIM in each member of your family! I myself think thats when the REAL healing begins.
    Very well-written and enjoyed reading it. I've got my autobiography written, perhaps you should think of writing yours.
    Great looking BLOG, can tell you've did some work concerning ad. work....Great to see you and David's PIC on front and I know its not important to confirm this but, I also see all of what you said in your family and mine..
    Thank's for sharing your life, it's a good thing!....Always a Bro. in HIM,art.....blessings......

    ReplyDelete
  2. so funny, i just read mika'ls (now that we are home) and moved onto yours.

    it's funny how God works, because as i read mika'ls, i was moved, but with a smile on my face despite the hard read and emotional moments of her blog.

    i just read yours...and cried! you are such a blessing to us, and whether you know it or not, you are often the strongest of us all. how could we do this (life) without you?

    i love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you are blogging again, mom. please don't stop, I love reading your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelly, this was such an encouragement to me and an inspiration to make my own list of blessings. Wow, do things take on a whole new perspective when you concentrate on the blessings instead of the struggles and hard circumstances!! Thank you for your encouragement

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kelly~
    What a wonderful and transparent heart reflection. Thank you so very much for sharing and posting. Love ya'

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you