Saturday, January 21, 2012

Deep Crevices


Psalm 63:1A psalm of David. When he was in the Desert of Judah. O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water
****************
Have you ever hidden sins down in the crevices of your heart? (soul)
As much as I want God to reveal to me the areas of my heart that need repentance, healing, forgiveness; Sometimes I really don't want Him to reveal everything to me, only certain things, things I'm willing to be shown.
.
With hands lifted up, as to surrender I ask God to forgive me for things i've done, to fill me with His Holy Spirit, to use me like He wants to use me, and then I quickly run over to certain areas of my life and throw a tarp over it for Him to leave alone. Something I'm not ready to deal with yet, something I like to dwell on, an area where I justifiably think I have the right to hold on to for whatever reason. 


 That's futile thinking, foolish thinking. 


Do you do the same?


If so,
Since everything is laid bare before the Lord anyway, why do we find ourselves playing such a game with God? As if we are going to win. Thankfully, He sees the whole picture of our life and doesn't ZAP us dead, He doesn't give up on us. 






God always wins the game of life, in this instance, it's like He trumps us with the GRACE card. And when He trumps us, it's always SO gentle, loving and forgiving. 

The process that we go through to finally, truly surrender the hidden sin found in the crevices are destructive to us. You will never win when hanging onto the sins of the soul. It will always wear your butt out, leave you feeling aged and burnt out. 


Since God is faithful and concerned with our outcome and one to be trusted, one that cannot be hidden from, one who knows everything about us; why don't we just surrender before we put ourselves through so much unnecessary torment?


As I age, I'm slowly learning that God's way is the best way. Saying it and doing it are two different animals. The outside of our lives, must match the inside.


Today, I will pray and truly ask Him to reveal any sins that need repentance. Today, I'm feeling to tired inside for another fight with God






Come Lord Jesus and spare your people from themselves.


~ Kelly~

3 comments:

  1. i like that last picture because it's represents how God allows life to spring forth from us, midst our hidden sin.

    unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Kelly. Today, I had a quiet revelation about his love, even if I have deep crevices. I didn't see it as crevices, just hidden sins. Thanks for capturing the problem we have in our hearts with beautiful words and imagery. And yes, mercy always triumphs over judgement.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you