Thursday, February 11, 2010

More Memory

I failed to list the 2nd verse memorized in January...

Isaiah 30:18

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you.
He rises to show you compassion
The Lord is a God of Justice
Blessed are all who wait on him!

1st verse in February

2 Timothy 1:7

For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and a sound mind.

I'm holding myself accountable by putting my verses on my blog. I don't usually follow through with these type of things, especially when no one else is looking.

I'm excited that I'm pushing myself to learn more scripture this year. It makes me feel like I'm not just wasting time.
I was especially challenged after seeing the movie, "The Book of Eli". If you haven't seen it, I won't give it away. But, after seeing the movie, I was so convicted about memorizing scripture. If the Bible was ever taken away from us, what would we have then?

Why don't you join me? Two verses a month. You will gain a lot this year, if you do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you