Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Someone let me off!

I think there are times in our lives when we feel that life itself spins out of control. The more you have to do, the faster it spins.


Does it ever end on this side of heaven? Well, as we all know the answer is no if you are a vibrant, healthy person, which in all reality, who really wants to complain about be healthy.  And there's a lot of thanks to be given for the busy life to some extent. The alternative, well you know!


So, we find ourselves complaining if we're bored or if life's just spinning uncontrollably. So, what's it going to be? Do we need to make our minds up? I wonder if we ever will. Life seems one way and then another. We seem happy with our circumstances and then we NEED change. We get change and then we need life to settle down a little. Is there really an answer?


Phillipians 4:12 says,


I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.


I read in a magazine one time that most people either live regretting something about yesterday or worried about tomorrow, but very few people ever just live for the moment.


To be content.....hmmm, sounds so easy, huh? But, extremely hard to do. Try living for the moment. It is possible, if we pay attention and try!

1 comment:

  1. It's good to remember those words from Phillipians. It was one of the first verses of the Bible that I learned by heart.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you