Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cally's finished with surgery!



Monday, January 5, 2009 was a long day. We arrived at the hospital at 8:00am (we live 1 1/2 hours away) and the surgery finally began at 1:30pm. The surgery was delayed because a piece of equipment that was needed for her surgery was at another hospital, so we waited for its arrival. 

All went well, our patient went through the surgery and the doctor repaired a torn labrum, just as expected. We were told that she had a cyst in her bone, but once the surgeon went in to remove it, he couldn't find it. Praise the Lord! 

Cally is recouping nicely at home. I have taken off  work to care for her, but there's a level of guilt associated with taking off from work. What will everyone think? Will I have a job? Whatever the thoughts, they will usually flood the mind in some form or fashion. 

I miss being home taking care of my family. I know that's where I'm supposed to be, because my heart tells me so. I was most definitely blessed with being able to stay home and raise my family. For the last year, I've been in the work force. I'm thankful that I have a wonderful place to work and I make top dollar for what I do, but my heart is still sad no matter how blessed I am. 

Prayerfully, Cally will continue to heal and grow strong again and will be hopping around here like normal.

~ Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you