Monday, October 4, 2010

Barbra Streisand - Alfie

After yesterday's sermon, I am once again reminded of a frequent thought that enters my mind. What is your purpose in life? How do you define Success?

These questions always lead to complex thoughts and feelings. Feelings that make me wonder if I'm doing the "right thing", etc... There are always unanswered questions, longings of the heart that are not being fulfilled and unending prayer involved.

Today, I will learn to accept the things I cannot change and live in the "moment". And this moment is enjoying the rest that's been given to me after an 80 hour work week. Accepting the fact that having the ability to work hard is a gift and continuing to ask for the Lord's guidance in all things.

k

2 comments:

  1. i'm 50-50 years old!

    so, it's not relevent to your post about purpose, but i just needed to say it after reading your subcaption at the top of your page.

    love you.

    "she's working hard for the money do dod do do"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it....I'll never forget the memories that I have when turning 50 years old.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you