Sunday, March 1, 2009

Need advice on the wedding reception food please

June 6th is the big wedding day at the waterfront park. It's a very peaceful, happy place to be. Our family spends a lot of time downtown soaking up the sun. 

I know that I have some readers of my blog who are somehow associated to Honduras and I'm in need of some Honduran recipes to cook for a large crowd. (Wedding appropriate)

Here are the wedding reception details:

Very low budget (husband is not working)
evening wedding
The wedding list is already a little over 200 people (wowsers)
The food needs to be easy enough for this American woman to pull it off

Well, that's a good start. I'd appreciate any of you sharing your thoughts on this subject.


5 comments:

  1. http://laurieishere.blogspot.com/2009/03/lets-eat-honduran-style.html

    Everything I was going to suggest is in Laurie's blog today. How funny is that?

    There is no recipes on this blog, but it shows the pictures and describes the food a bit, and if you like some of them and want a recipe I can help you with it. Just send me an email ;)

    There is also chicken/carne guisado which is like a stew, sort of. It is served over rice.

    Also, ask your future son in law what he likes, and if he has any suggestions as well. That can help you gte started.

    I hope I was able to help a tiny bit :)

    ~Jennifer
    http://followingmycatracho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, perfect timing Laurie and thanks for looking out for me Jennifer. I will email you about the recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! I don't have recipes either. But most of these things are easy and cheap to make. I will keep an eye and ear out for recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooo all the talk about food is making me crave it!!!

    Thanks for the comment... you get the prize for being the first person to read it=)

    and thanks for the compliment =)

    love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How are the wedding plans coming along? Have you been able to work on a menu?

    I know its a stressful time, but I hope that everything goes well for you all, and I hope to be able to read wedding updates.

    ~Jennifer
    http://followingmycatracho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you