Saturday, December 27, 2008

i Survived Christmas without Buying Gifts

Well, there really is life after Christmas with homemade gifts...no gift buying!

I know that sounds ridiculous, especially for people who normally make their gifts, but for me it was and extreme stretch.

It seemed that everyone was a little more excited to give their gift this year. 
Here are some gifts that were given:
Shadow boxes filled with a lot of memories for the recipient
Framed photographs
A picture that was blown up and inserted in a window frame
Photo Albums that told a story
Free calendars that were given to someone 
A shirt that someone admired
Jewelry box
A handmade cube out of wood that had a dice in the middle of it.  (Really cool)
Homemade BBQ sauce
Homemade Shrimp Sauce (Japanese restaurant style)
A free haircut and style, manicure and pedicure from the Cosmetologist
A coupon that said, redeem for Quality time

And I'm sure that I've missed something!

It was a lot of fun and helped us focus on the true meaning of Christmas. We shared a lot of laughter. 

I hope to do it next year. 

Kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you